Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Kit Review: Paper Camellia

Prior Reviews
 
Happy Monday!  We had a crazy weekend with some unexpected tasks, so I'm a little bit late today.  But  I wanted to share the next installment in my kit review series.  This week I played with the April kit from Paper Camellia.


I wasn't familiar with this kit club at all so I didn't know what to expect when I ordered a kit.  But it was packed with a mix of Maggie Holmes, Crate Paper and My Minds Eye.  The soft color palette was perfect for a photo of the bowl of Lake Erie beach glass and pebbles I keep on my desk at work.  

The kit included a 3 sheets of cardstock, 5sheets of patterned paper and a ton of embellishments.  I  tend to love any kit that comes with a full package of die cuts and that Maggie Holmes confetti pack was on my wish list.  The kit did not include a stamp.  

My only complaint about the kit would be the lack of a larger scale alpha.  It had several small My Mind's Eye alphas (the mixed color alpha you see in the photo and several tile style alphas), but I love thickers and alphas of a similar scale. And the Maggie Homes thicker pack provided lots of choices for putting together a title to a layout.

I was really inspired by a layout by the wonderful Danielle de Kronik which just happed to be the Sunday Scraplift challenge at Paper Issues this week.  So here is my finished product.





I especially loved all the gold accents in this kit.  They provided lots of textures that helped keep the soft color palette interesting.  (The enamel dots and hearts were from my stash.)

Paper Camellia kits are $29.95 for subscribers.  Shipping in the United States is $8. The website says you can cancel at any time.  But if you cancel after the 20th, you will receive the next month's kit.  It seems like a super manageable commitment and the kit was a great value.  I've been checking out their website and the past kits all look really lovely.  They offer a variety of add-ons each month too and have a project life style kit as well.  This is definitely on my list of kit clubs to keep an eye on.  

I still have kits from Studio Calico and Scraptastic sitting in my scrap room and a Cocoa Daisy kit is on its way.  I am still thinking about trying to snag kits from Clique Kits and Gossamer Blue to add also.  Let me know if there is another kit that you think I should check out.

Enjoy your evening.  Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. Pretty layout, awesome layering. The kit is lovely. Thanks for sharing your opinions. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been overwhelmed by the contents of my Paper Camellia kits but agree with a pack of thickers or larger alpha it would be perfect. I have been buying the embellishment add on though which is quite affordable and jam packed and has had thickers included.

    You might want to double check you got everything you were meant to as you mention 5 sheets of patterned paper. I got the April kit in the sale last month and it came with 7 sheets of patterned paper and a 12x12 cut apart sheet. I believe 8 sheets is the norm as that's how many was in the July kit, and indeed the August kit which was revealed today! :)

    ReplyDelete