Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Starting With A Sketch

One of my favorite starting points is a sketch.  So when I heard My Scraps and More was having a sketchathon in April, I was thrilled.  I've been scrapping a lot, and its the perfect way to keep my momentum going.  I mean, 30 sketches in 30 days?
 
The first sketch was published on April 1; the challenge also required fussy cutting.


I hate fussy cutting so I almost skipped the challenge.  But I really liked the sketch.  And I had photos from hy husband's birthday last summer that were begging to be scrapped.  So I poked around in my scrap room for paper that would lend itself to simple fussy cutting.  I found a sheet printed with black frames that seemed perfect.


The title and chipboard phrase stickers are from the Maggie Holmes Confetti collection.  I used the colors in the numbers to drive my color selections.  And I went to work on the background with my current favorite technique - layering rub ons and ink splatters. I added some small puffy stars from Crate Paper's Journey line to add a bit of dimension.

I'd love to know your favorite starting points for layouts when your stuck.

Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. I love your splatters...you have perfected a technique that I just cannot seem to do well. This layout is awesome!! My go-to starting point for most of my layouts (whether I am stuck or not) is an awesome piece of patterned paper for my background and then I just go from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi - try a damp paint brush and spray ink

      Delete
  2. Great layout, love the splatter!

    ReplyDelete