Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Vellum!

I have lots of scrap related obsessions, but lately vellum has been on the top of the list.  I love that it has been included in collections in lots of colors, prints and textures lately.  And I have quite a stash.

Most often I use it for layering in a photo block.  But when I saw the current sketch on the My Scraps and More Sketch Blog, I decided to try using vellum as the inspiration for my layout.  The sketch uses lots of strips of paper and I thought it would be fun to layer strips of vellum.


The layered vellum strips created a light girly look that i really like.  I mostly used strips from my scraps. And I added in a few strips of white and gray patterned paper to make the strips feel more substantial.   More vellum and a glassine bag to create a photo block finished off the layers across the page.



I dug out some old Basic Grey chipboard alphas for the title and added some embellishments.  And I just couldn't resist that floral stamp from the Studio Calico Lisse Street kit.  I lvoe that it looks like a doodle.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. The vellum and little bits of gold are fabulous! So glad you played along with us at My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat. Very cool layout. I am vellum challenged and this is inspiring. Love the ripped strip, and your embellishments by the photo are lovely. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is so striking! Love the papers and your embellie clusters!
    Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Julie! Love all the vellum! Thanks for sharing with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very pretty. Love the layered vellum. Thanks for playing along with My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete